Why Be a Philanthropist through the Community Foundation?
- You want to leave a lasting legacy. Because of the power of endowment, the names and goals of these funds live forever creating a lasting legacy while providing sustainability for future generations.
- You want to maintain your anonymity. By making your gifts through the Community Foundation, agencies don’t have to know who is making the gift. All communication with the agency – either regarding a request or simply acknowledgement goes through the Community Foundation and is then shared with you privately.
- You want to save time and money. The Foundation provides administrative and grant making support eliminating the need for donors to set up separate institutions, formulate policies, file innumerable forms and monitor the status of grant recipients.
- You want flexibility. The Foundation has the flexibility to respond to the future needs of the community through variance power. If the original donor intent of a gift no longer exists, the local Board of Directors can direct the fund to other uses closely related to the donors’ interests.
- You want local knowledge. Our Board of Directors is composed of local community members representing the entire McHenry County area. This local knowledge will help us to better identify and serve the needs in our communities.
- You need a tax deduction. The McHenry County Community Foundation is a qualified 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization. All gifts made to the McHenry County Community Foundation are tax deductible.